Monday, July 3, 2023

I'm too WARM!

Recently I was on a scenic car ride with my husband in the canyon near our home. It was a nice sunny day and we were enjoying the scenery and drive when I realized that I was quite hot, and had been for a while. I glanced down and noticed that the air conditioning was on high. Why was I so hot? Then I noticed that the two air vents on my side of the car were both pointed away from me. "How silly", I thought. I turned the vents toward me, and the air started blowing on me. Better! 

 I again turned my attention to the beautiful drive and the conversation we were having. A few minutes later, however, I again realized that I was quite hot. The air conditioning was on. The air was blowing on me. What was the problem? It was then that I noticed that the temperature on my side of the car was set at 78 degrees. What!? I quickly adjusted the temperature and finally started cooling off. 

The rest of the car ride was even more enjoyable because I was finally comfortable. It struck me almost immediately that life can be a lot like this. We get so focused on certain things, that we don't realize that we may be suffering unnecessarily. We don't realize that there are things we could do, easy things, that if we adjusted would make our drive through life a whole lot better. 

What are those things? They will be a little different for each person, depending on what your needs are, but they are the techniques that shift you out of overwhelm, out of survival mode, out of stuck, and bring you into feeling happy with your life, peaceful and motivated. It doesn't matter what is going on, there are techniques that will bring you positive change and relief. We all need them. 

 I've learned a lot and would love to share. 

♥Shiree 

 p.s. I'm going to be teaching a couple of free webinars this month that help with this topic. Message me if you want more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment